Benedict Funeral Directors are ideally suited to provide funeral undertaker services for residents of the Shefford area.
We are here to help and advise
Being a family run Undertakers brings certain advantages with it, namely you are assured of our personal touch; total respect, honesty and compassion. Part of that respect is to let you know your options; funerals are one off events and they can be relatively simple or very extravagant.
Our promise to you is one of honesty. We will tell you the truth about what your options are. Be assured no matter what you choose, be it simple or extravagant, our respect to you and your loved one will not change, it’s what makes us who we are.
Arranging a Funeral in Shefford
Our funeral home, and chapels of rest, are in Arlesey, which is takes about 15 minutes to drive from the centre of Shefford. For ease, most customers take the A507 from Shefford and turn at the Arlesey roundabout into Arlesey. Staying on this road will take you all the way to our premises in Hitchin Road, Arlesey.
Shefford is usually served by one of three Crematoriums:
- Stevenage Crematorium, or to give it it’s correct name Harwood Park Crematorium, which is located just outside Stevenage on the Watton Road and rests in its own beautifully landscaped gardens.
- The second crematorium is to be found in Luton; Vale Cemetery & Crematorium. The address is Vale Cemetery & Crematorium, The Vale, Butterfield Green Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU2 8DD. Whilst Luton Crematorium is older than the Stevenage Crematorium, it is beautifully maintained and presented.
- The third crematorium is Bedford Crematorium, located at 104 Norse Road, Bedford, MK41 0RL, for families requiring a slightly larger facility than that offered at Stevenage and Luton and is suitable for funerals where a very large amount of people are expected to attend.
Of course cremation is not the only option; there are different cemeteries available for burial, (as opposed to being cremated). Benedict Funeral Directors are more than happy to discuss this with you. Campton and Shefford Cemetery is located at the far end of Shefford close to the A507. It is managed by Campton and Chicksands Parish Council.
For those wishing a religious funeral Shefford has four Christian churches:
- Saint Michael and All Angels forms part of the united Benefice of Meppershall & Shefford. Located on the High street in Shefford, the postcode is SG17 5DD.
- The Methodist faith also has a fine church which is on the Ampthill Road, the postcode SG17 5BD
- The Baptist Church in Shefford can found at 4 Bedford Road, Shefford, SG17 5DJ
- Arguably the jewel in the crown for Shefford is the Catholic Church. One of the oldest Catholic Churches in England, this is a magnificent Grade 2 listed building is a beauty. St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church is on High Street, Shefford, the current priest being Canon Bennie Noonan.
Subject to receiving permission from the appropriate member of the clergy or officer in charge funeral services can be arranged by Benedict Funeral Directors at these churches
We offer a 24 hour service 7 days a week
Call us on 01462 337684.
Members of the Funeral Directors Register